The Mystic River Watershed Association (MyRWA) seeks a motivated and well-organized intern to assist in event planning, communications and marketing efforts. The intern will work closely with the Outreach and Communications Director and a volunteer committee.
Duties may include (to be agreed upon by supervisor and intern):
- Assist with event planning and promotion, including for park/river cleanups, tours and special 45th anniversary events
- Assist with development of social media content and strategy
- Assist with event documentation via photo, video and interviewing
- Research and development of a Mystic River Watershed Quest
- Development of a series of short marketing videos
Intern will work both in and out of the office, and must be able to work independently and as a member of a team. This is a 10-15 hour/week position with a flexible timeframe, depending on the candidate. This is a great opportunity to be involved with a small non-profit doing work on behalf of the community and environment.
- Organized and detail-oriented with experience in event planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with social media platforms
- Confident and driven – must have ability to manage own time and have excitement to take on a project and run with it
- Driver’s license and access to a car highly desirable(mileage is reimbursed)
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older
Additional desirable skills: Video editing, photography, public speaking, First aid and CPR certified, background in environmental science. The Mystic River Watershed Association is an equal opportunity employer. Exact dates can be flexible depending on the candidate.
Deadline to apply is March 31, 2017. Applications reviewed as received. To apply send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Communications Internship in the subject line. No phone calls please.