The Mystic River Watershed Association is joining the Massachusetts Rivers Alliance and other river groups in the first-ever Lobby for the Rivers Day, on Thursday, March 30th at 11am, at the State House in Boston. With a new administration in Washington weakening river protection, and news of water disasters around the country, our rivers desperately need our help. One critically important, positive action we can take is to protect our rivers at the state level. Let's join together to show that Massachusetts cares about its water! Please join us at the State House to tell our legislators to:
- Support legislation to improve river health around the state,
- Strengthen the budgets for environmental agencies that protect rivers, and
- Show our legislators there's a strong vocal constituency for rivers!
How you can participate:
Now: Let us know you're coming. Register here by Wednesday, March 22 by 5pm.
One week before Lobby Day for the Rivers: Mass Rivers Alliance will email you briefing materials.
March 30th, Lobby Day for the Rivers:
- 11:00 am: Meet at the State House, Room 350. We will provide a brief training and we will share talking points for relevant bills and water-related budget items. We will also hear from the event's legislative co-sponsors, Rep. Carolyn Dykema, and Sen. Jamie Eldridge.
- Noon - 3:00 pm (or until done): Meet with your state senators and representatives and/or their aides to make the case for stronger protections and investments in our waterways.
- Noon - 4 pm: Debrief & snacks at 14 Beacon Street (across from the State House), First Floor Conference Room.
Thank you to Representative Carolyn Dykema (D-Holliston) and Senator Jamie Eldridge (D-Acton) for co-sponsoring this event. Questions? Call Gabby Queenan, Policy Specialist for Mass Rivers at (857) 445-0208.