Eradication efforts of water chestnuts, an invasive plant clogging the Mystic River and elsewhere in the watershed, have been ongoing since 2010. MyRWA is aggressively combating water chestnuts by partnering with municipalities, local environmental organizations, boat clubs, corporations and community members. If you would like to get your workplace, community organization, church, club or neighborhood involved please contact Elizabeth at 781-316-3438.
We are currently scheduling Corporate Water Chestnut Events for 2014. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
Read more about water chestnuts in the Mystic River Watershed here.
Summer 2014 Community Hand-Pulling Events
Tentatively scheduled for Saturday June 28, July 12 and August 9 from 9AM to 1PM. Registration coming soon!
Thanks to the many helping hands that make this work possible!
- Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
- National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- Massachusetts Water Resources Authority
- City of Medford
- City of Somerville
- Tufts University
- Riverside Yacht Club
- Mystic Wellington Yacht Club
- Medford Boat Club
- ERM Foundation
- FedEx Corporation
- Building Impact
- Millennium Pharmaceutical
- Citizens Bank
- Groundwork Somerville
- Friends of the Mystic River
- Eagle Eye Institute
- Mystic Mural Project
- Gentle Giant Rowing Club
- Team GreenSense, City of Cambridge
- Northeastern University Outing Club
- Whole Foods Market Medford
- Flatbread Pizza
- Regina’s Pizzeria