Outreach Coordinator (part-time) posted 12/19/14
ABOUT THE MYSTIC RIVER WATERSHED ASSOCIATION
The Mystic River Watershed Association (MyRWA) is a volunteer-based science and advocacy group that works to protect and restore the Mystic River, its tributaries and watershed lands for the benefit of present and future generations and to celebrate the value, importance and great beauty of these natural resources. MyRWA was established by concerned citizens and incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in 1972.
The Mystic River Watershed Association seeks a part-time outreach coordinator to plan key events, recruit and manage volunteers and develop e-communications. On-site training will be provided for this temporary position. The candidate will work collaboratively with staff and volunteers as well as independently.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of MyRWA's Earth Day Cleanup (April 2015)
- Produce weekly social media content and monthly e-newsletter
- Plan and coordinate the 19th annual Mystic River Herring Run and Paddle in conjunction with staff and volunteers (May 17, 2015) – includes overseeing and being point person for all day-of logistics and performing event follow-up. This well established event has rich planning resources and documentation.
- Lead public relations projects in coordination with Executive and Deputy Directors
- Assist with website updates/content creation as necessary
- Organize and attend monthly Committee Meetings
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience in event planning, volunteer management and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with advocacy, public relations and public speaking
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
Knowledge of and commitment to environmental protection and watershed principles helpful. Familiarity with environmental context, especially urban river issues, is a plus. Knowledge of VerticalResponse is considered an asset. Experience in data entry and analysis is favorable.
The candidate must be able to work some evenings and weekends. Having a reliable source of transportation with the ability to move supplies is required. This is a temporary position with an expected start date of March 2, 2015 and end date of July 2, 2015. The position is 3-5 days per week depending on the candidate. Based in MyRWA’s Arlington, Massachusetts office.
The Mystic River Watershed Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Procedure: Please submit a cover letter, two writing samples and resume to Jobs@MysticRiver.org. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive. Deadline to apply is January 18, 2015.
No phone calls please!