Grant Writing Consultant posted 8/12/14
ABOUT THE MYSTIC RIVER WATERSHED ASSOCIATION
The Mystic River Watershed Association (MyRWA) is a volunteer-based science and advocacy group that works to protect and restore the Mystic River, its tributaries and watershed lands for the benefit of present and future generations and to celebrate the value, importance and great beauty of these natural resources. MyRWA was established by concerned citizens and incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in 1972.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Mystic River Watershed Association seeks a senior level grant writer to provide grant writing services, with some scoping and research, to develop strong targeted prospects and to write successful grants as part of the Association's fundraising team.
This experienced professional will work with the Executive Director to independently develop and execute a successful grant writing program for a growing environmental organization.
Some specific responsibilities include:
- Scoping Grant opportunities from an identified universe of private foundations and public agencies
- Researching additional grant opportunities from regional and national prospects
- Developing compelling letters of inquiry with follow-up correspondence
- Writing successful grant applications
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Significant professional experience in grant writing, scoping, and research
- Proven track record of success in a similar position(s)
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal – are essential; writing samples will be required.
- Five years experience in grant writing or other related field
- Ability to work independently.
- Organized and detailed oriented with excellent follow-through.
- Proactive, outgoing, and enthusiastic personality
Knowledge of and commitment to environmental protection and watershed principles helpful. Familiarity with environmental context, especially urban river issues, is a plus.
Additional development and fundraising experience is a plus. The ideal candiate will likely be consulting for other non-profits simulateously as this is a part-time, short-term contract consulting job.
Salary range: $500 to $650 weekly based upon experience and number of hours billed
appx 16 hours/week for the duration of engagement. Flexible hours and remote access possible.
Application Procedure: Please submit an interest statement, writing sample, resume with list of recent successful grant applications to Jobs@MysticRiver.org. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive.
No phone calls please!